Whether you just grill them and serve them with a salad and good bread or dress them up as a salad as I do here, Trader Joe's curry chicken tenders are delicious. Even the kids like them. Don't overcook them - about 3 minutes per side is just about right. This warm curried chicken salad was a hit with everyone and would make a great lunch for a crowd if you're entertaining or a fantastic picnic lunch.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Curry Chicken Tenders
- 6 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Mango Ginger Chutney
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe’s low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pita Pocket Bread or Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Organics Baby Spring Mix (bagged salad)
- Preheat the broiler on high and place oven rack in top most position. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray so food won’t stick. Open bag of chicken tenders and lay them on the sheet. Broil 3 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the dressing by stirring together mayonnaise, chutney and salt in medium bowl.
- When chicken is done, transfer in batches to a cutting board and cut each tender into 3 equal width pieces lengthwise and then cut crosswise to cube. Transfer to mixing bowl with dressing and stir to mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt if desired.
- Place a handful of salad mix into pita pocket and then spoon in warm chicken salad to fill. Serve immediately.